Maybe this will not help you realize or attain what you’ve been craving for or make you carefree and happy. Maybe.
1. Wake up just before dawn. Go to the window and stare out into the not so starry night sky and find a star. Stare at it until you find the other nebulous ones. The dim night sky is still full of stars. How long you wait to have them blink right back at you is what matters.
2. The breeze outside will tell you with a kiss that there is a morning abundant of tranquility out there waiting to greet you. Obey the yearning. Put on those sneakers and pull up your hood. Walk out with and without a purpose at the same time. You don’t HAVE to be there. You WANT to be there. How much you want to be there is what makes the difference.
3. On that slightly detached path or somewhere at the end of it, you’ll find some deserted railway tracks and your heart. You always do in the end. You’ll be exactly where you need to be. In the end.
4. Stare. Stare with the peace of being able to lose yourself in a universe of your own and not having the absent mindedness questioned. For you’re not absent. You’re exactly where you should be: amongst your thoughts in serenity. Your thoughts and aims are YOURS for a reason. They are not there to be questioned.
5. As the dawn cracks the darkness into beautiful colors you’ve only seen in pictures, let the peace you’ve attained do the same to your mind. Let those daytime preoccupations fall. The sky is your canvas of reinvention and new beginnings. And the canvas is limitless. You can always begin again.
6. Don’t be afraid of the peace you’ll feel with yourself. Your heart will race slightly instead of beating rhythmically like you would expect. Don’t be afraid of the forthcoming heat melting the quietude down. For it will eventually happen. You cannot avoid things that are bound to happen.
7. So now is your time. The time of poets and artists and lovers and the sad ones. Feel the bliss when you feel it without being afraid of losing it.
Go home and work on the what was painted across your mind in solitude. You just realized what you are yearning for. Maybe you just did.